Saturday, March 25, 2017

'Oye Pangaa ho gaya Ji (I had an altercation)' - by K.J.S.Chatrath

It happened during my last trip to Tamil Nadu a few weeks back. I was taking a leisurely walk on Marina beach when I saw a tall hefty WWF type gentleman jogging. He was coming towards my direction and was very fast even though it is tough even walking on  a beach. Then he crossed me and in so doing brushed against my shoulder.

And I was angry. I rolled up my sleeves and challeged him. Seeing my solid biceps, wiry body and equally steely resolve, he hesitated. In the meantime a small crowd gathered around us and somebody pointing towards me said, 'Punjabi'.

As soon as the tough looking gentleman heard this, he came to me shook my hands and said 'Sorry Mister' and then asked, 'Are you from Punnjjab'. Yes, I said proudly and on hearing it my opponent started jogging in the opposite direction...

Well,  all this- the photo and the story are genuinely fake and have been concocted to shore up my ageing morale....


No comments:

Post a Comment